Saturday 14 November 2009

Fresh air is FREE


Just spent the most wonderful short break in Scotland. We had 3 nights in the Trossachs and the scenery took my breath away. We climbed a heck of a big hill (still not big enough to be classed as a MOnroe or a Corbett thought!!) and the view at the top was one of the most spectacular I have ever witnessed -lakes and mountain in a 360 vista - goregous. It's called Ben Venue for anyone who fancies having their breath taken away.
I was a slow learner when it came to walking, especially in an up-hill manner, but now it has to rank as my number one activity. All that wonderful exercise and for nothing more than the price of some decent kit which should last a very long time indeed if you invest wisely.
I have so enjoyed holidaying in the UK this year - I have particularly loved not having any airport hassle and being able to decide for ourselves when we want to set off and come back. That's not to say i'm not going to have foreign holidays any more, but a nice balance.

Bit of a disaster on the bin front - a friend has very kindly given us a brace of pheasants, so all the gubbings has had to go in the bin -so looks like I should get rid of that before it attracts unwelcome guests - never mind, I am sure the casserole will be worth the guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment